I was just wondering how many people send out press kits vs. electronic press kits via the internet?   We still use snail mail press kits and I was wondering if one method is more effective than the other.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most of the time we send out an EPK, but we still get get the occasional request for a hard copy.

I like EPK's because you can instantly send them to people and also save money on postage and materials.

I have had a lot of success in sending out EPK's.  I think it works great and most people are online and like to listen and view what you have to offer.

Thanks for the responses.  I guess it’s time to keep up with the times.

I send out EPK's, but if someone requests a hard copy I'll send that too. Sending hard copies is expensive.

Thanks for the response Mister Q.  You’re correct about the expense.  I have since started an EPK but still am getting requests for hard copies.  I guess it’s one of those things you keep readily available.   

I have been using EPK's this year, but I do think I had better luck with the hard copies. it definitely is a savings to send the EPK.  I have been told by several festivals that they get so many, they don't look at them all. Does anyone use sonicbids?

We have been having more success with hard copies too. 

Julie K said:
I have been using EPK's this year, but I do think I had better luck with the hard copies. it definitely is a savings to send the EPK.  I have been told by several festivals that they get so many, they don't look at them all. Does anyone use sonicbids?

The Friendzies said:

We have been having more success with hard copies too. 

Julie K said:

We've use sonic bids only if the gig requests. A hard copy is something tangble,

people want to see how we present our selves. We get feedback from EKPs sometimes

good sometimes bad. I've seen some people make their own ekps cause you'll go broke going through sonic bids!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect

© 2014   Created by Jesse.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service